Monday 14 November 2011

Paperback Writer's 10 Things Women Do Only In Novels

Paperback Writer (ie Lynn Viehl / S. L. Viehl) has an awesome post on her site called 10 Things Women Do Only In Novels.  It's a good list.  I especially like her second example:
Confront an Intruder: I am amazed at how often women in novels will get out of bed in the middle of the night to investigate the glass-breaking sound out in the living room. Alone, unarmed, drowsy and dressed in my pajamas? I'm going to do the sensible thing and call 911 on the cordless as I climb out through a window and run away.
Her posts are often filled with an undercurrent of humour.  I like how, in addition to blogging about her novels, she also blogs about her hobbies - photography and quilting being the most prevalent. 

No comments: