Sunday 17 July 2011

Weird Al Yankovic in Concert!

I was lucky enough to see what was one of two taped performances of Weird Al Yankovic in concert yesterday.  (So if you buy his 'live' DVD for Alpocalypse, I'm in the audience.)

It was a great concert, with a lot of old and new songs mixed together.  I didn't take any photos as I thought that might get me kicked out, though I saw others taking plenty.  So I've nothing to share but this, taken off youtube.  I was a fan of his work back when he wrote 'Fat', 'Like a surgeon', etc., but lost touch until I started hearing newer singles like 'White & Nerdy'.  Which is my excuse for not knowing he'd done a song about Spiderman to Billy Joel's 'Piano Man', a song I really like.

And if he's touring near you and the show's not sold out yet, he puts on an incredible performance.

No comments: